Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Well, darn

I didn't finish my running last night. I ran 3 minutes, then 5 minutes, and I was supposed to do it again but I only made it about a minute into the second set then had to stop and stretch because it hurt so bad, and then it took all I had left in me to run another minute. I'm really bummed that I didn't make it. I am proud of running that first 5 minutes though- that's about half a mile! I'm just going to repeat that schedule until I can do it three days in a row.

Orion's been uber grumpy for the last three days in the early afternoon. Pretty much inconsolable. Today we decided that he must have gas- you can feel it in his tummy. I gave him medicine and a couple massages and finally got him to sleep after an hour and a half struggle. I'm wondering if the formula is bothering his tummy. Maybe we'll see if we can go without for a while. A grumpy baby is no fun at all.

We're celebrating Nathan's birthday with his family today because his parents are leaving for a cruise on Thursday (his birthday is Friday). I made him a jello cake. The game he wanted, Mass Effect 2, came today and he was so excited. That's what he's doing right now... and for the next few days ;)

Looks like little mister is waking up, so I'd better go!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Poor little Goob and poor you! Yeah, formula can give a tummy ache. (see Dee's and my comments on previous post) Hang in there.

Also don't fret about the running. You are exercising every day even if you're NOT able to do the whole thing. Any exercise is better than none! *hugs*

Amanda said...

Awww.. bless his heart... or should I say, bless his belly :( I gave Ben a bottle of formula just ONE time when he was a month old.. and it constipated him for 2 days! I dunno why it's so hard on their little tummies :( Jake and Nate were both formula fed.. and I found that the SOY kind was much better on the gas and pooping problems... but, I know you will do what you need to do. Did they tell you to do the formula or something? Or are you just trying to fill him up more.? Just curious as to why you were doing the formula. Hope he gets better..Oh ya... Jake also LIVED on the "little tummies gas drops".. I dunno what you've been trying.. but they were awesome! See ya tomorrow in class :)