Thursday, February 4, 2010

LOST Party!


Tuesday night Nathan and I had a few friends over to watch the season premier of the final season of LOST. We decided it would be a real party, so we went all-out. We made an epic cake, above, which was so much fun.

Settle down, Baptists. We just printed out "Dharma Initiative" beer labels for our pop. It was a nice little touch. :)

John Locke made an appearance at the party!

Yeah, we're uber-nerds, but we have a good time :)

__________________________

I've been trying to eat better, but I'm kind of picky so it can be hard. The vegetables I like are pretty limited. However, I came up with this amaaaaazing pasta dish last night that features zucchini. I'm proud to say that it was absolutely delicious and I can't wait to make it again. Here's a recipe if you want to try it. All measurements are approximations.

2 TBL olive oil
2 tsp chopped garlic
1 large onion, shoe-stringed
1 medium zucchini, sliced and quartered
28 oz can of Italian style diced tomatoes
1 lb box of whole grain ziti pasta, cooked al dente
3/4 C. Spaghetti Sauce (optional)
Cooked chicken breast, seasoned and cut into small strips (optional, to taste)
Pepper (to taste)

Saute garlic and onions in olive oil until onions become tender. Add zucchini and pepper and cook until tender but not mushy. Add diced tomatoes and heat through. Add pasta and sauce to desired consistency. Serve and top with grated Parmesan cheese. Enjoy.

____________________________

In Couch-to-5K news, I successfully completed day 2 of week 4! Of course it was hard, but I'm proud to say I made it :)

Here are the stats:
Current weight: 133.8
Goal weight: 115
Weight lost this week: 1.2
Total weight lost: 6.2
Pounds left 'til goal: 18.8

____________________________

In an amazing turn of events, Orion made it through a bath without crying. Whoa.

6 comments:

Melanie said...

Hey, Nathan actually kind of looks like Locke! HaHa! Awesome cake!

Katie said...

that is an epic cake! love it!

Unknown said...

That pasta looks great, I might try that!

Sadie VK said...

Lol! Love it! Except the part about calling out Baptists. Come on, now! Haha. J/K. Very creative. And I love that Nathan dressed up like Locke (or is he the black smoke monster? argh! this show!)

Rachel said...

Sadie: I'm a Baptist so I'm allowed to say that ;) Haha! Nathan's the real Locke... as far as I know...

Adrienne Redfox said...

I just got the biggest kick out of that cake and "beer"! I have to say that I have not one single friend that goes to that length for ANY party. I am definitely going to have to make that pasta also! Thank you for all the smiles!