Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Our Adventurous Weekend


This weekend we decided to surprise my mom for her birthday and drive up to visit! She and Dad were surprised and excited to see us (but of course ;) and we all had a really nice weekend. We went out for lunch on Mom's birthday, but spent the rest of the time just relaxing together. Orion was in a really good mood most of the time which was a great bonus. As you can see he's determined to crawl by four months.

Very happy to see Nana! (we brought this sheep skin home from my parents' house. It's older than me! They used it when my brothers and I were babies. Charlie the cat is obsessed with it... ha!)

Just hangin' with Papa and Grandpa. I thought this was super cute.

On Monday we headed out and made a detour to Indiana Wesleyan University to visit Allie and Rachel. It was really fun hanging out. We ate in their very nice cafeteria, played games, and stayed to watch Chuck. Hopefully we can make it up a couple more times this year.

Little Man and his Aunt Allie bundled up for the cold

We must have worn Orion out this weekend because he seriously slept ALL DAY yesterday (which NEVER happens) and most of the day today. I hope he gets back to his happy self soon... not that he's been unhappy really, just very very tired! Poor little guy!

_____________________

I finished week four of Couch-to-5K last night! I didn't finish my running on Saturday so I had to repeat it, and I allowed myself extra long walking breaks, but hey, I did all the running I was supposed to so I'm OK with that!! Nathan said "you did more work than you needed to" since I walked so much. Haha- good way to look at it. Plus I found out I was running on an incline at the end, so I get bonus points.

Here are the stats:
Current weight: 133.2
Goal weight: 115
Weight lost this week: 0.6
Total weight lost: 6.8
Pounds left 'til goal: 18.2

So... I cheated and weighed myself a few times the last couple days, and the numbers were all over the place, so I picked the lowest one. HA! I never saw a number over 135 though, so that's good, right? :P It's hard when the time I've weighed myself all along is about 10pm on Wednesday night, and my class at church is at 7pm. It was canceled today (we have lots of snow!), but usually I just have to wait to report my weight loss until the next week because I don't weigh until after class. Bad planning on my part I guess!

I need to figure out a way to NOT sit around all day! I need to figure out something to do with myself. And maybe get out the Moby wrap so Orion can do it with me. I've got a headache from watching too much TV! I had to get out my glasses. So pathetic. What to do, what to do...

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Your visit was so wonderful! We had a great time. I think Orion wore me out a bit as well. lol

I'm glad you got to visit the girls. I'm sure they were excited to see the 3 of you.

Congrats on the weight loss and exercise! Woot!

I've got a close-up of Goober cropped out of the photo of him and me. I've got one on our blog and one just like it at work that I show off as often as possible.

Unknown said...

...and I like his little "tippy-toes" in his bum in the air photo. Über cute!

Michelle P said...

Cute pics! I understand how it feels to be at home all day with the baby! Don't worry, spring will be here soon and you'll have a lot of opportunity to be outside and do stuff. And then more kids will come along...you'll wonder when you'll be able to just sit and watch TV again! Enjoy while it lasts :) BTW great job on the running!

Katie said...

what a fun surprise! sounds like everyone had a great time.

and i've read that if you run on the treadmill at a 1% incline it is more like running outside... not sure how true that is, but i usually try to keep the incline at 1%. keep up the great work!

Melanie said...

He's a strong little booger!!!

Amanda said...

Wow! Congrats on your weight! You are doing awesome! And Orion cracks me up! Ben can't even hold his head up off the floor when he's on his belly.. lol.. let alone his butt! And yes, I agree with Michelle :) Once Spring comes.. it will be really nice to get out... and also, yes.. the more kiddos to come along, you will wish to be bored.... haha.. Oh ya, and btw... the pasta dish was awesome! I loved it.... and you can't even tell the difference in wheat pasta vs. the white... :) Good job! See you Sunday! (or at volleyball tonite) I'm coming to watch.. not play.. lol... I. am. terrible. at. sports. :)

Rachel said...

Thanks everybody! Yeah, Orion is super strong. I think it helps that he's so skinny... doesn't have much to lug around :P

I'm sure you're right about wishing to be bored once I have more than one child! I guess I feel better about being a lazy bum now...

Amanda, I'm so glad you liked the pasta!! I want to make it again soon myself. Yeah, I liked the whole wheat pasta in that recipe... I don't like whole wheat spaghetti though!!

...and I'm terrible at sports too, so I'm glad everyone on the church team is so nice. Haha! I want to come tonight so hopefully I'll see you there :)

Haupi said...

Okay, you got me. This is one cute baby...now let me continue my surfing.

becca said...

Orion just keeps getting cuter! How is that possible!

I've been trying to figure out ways not to sit in front of my computer all day (which I have now been doing for two years! ack!) I've been trying some of these iPod workouts from Women's Health.