Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Help Haiti 5K


I DID IT! I ran my 5K race! On May 16, 2010, a cool rainy day (thank goodness it wasn't hot!), we drove down to Cincinnati in our matching tie-dye shirts to run the race. Allie, Rachel, and Stephen (Rachel's boyfriend) ran with me. We met our friend Michelle there too. It was CRAZY HILLY and thus incredibly hard, but I somehow pushed through it and didn't stop. I finished in 35:17. I can't believe I made it!

Go team!

About to cross the finish line!

My adoring fans

We did it for the food

I'm going to keep up with the running and see where it takes me... I think I'm going to set another goal so I don't quit. 10K perhaps?

Post on our vacation coming soon... stay tuned!

5 comments:

Katie said...

congrats on the 5k! you did great! i love that you ran with a team, i'm sure that helped.

i know what you mean about making another goal, i've been running still but i don't have as much to motivate me. keep me posted on what you decide, i should look for other races too.

becca said...

Congrats! That's an amazing accomplishment!

Amanda said...

I was so excited to click on your blog today and not see cup of tea! lol.. ( i know, you've been on vacation, but, I was waiting on an update and vacation pics) anyways! I didn't know you ran already! Awesome!!! You did great! I wanna do it! :) 33 minutes, I think you said?.. thats great! I watch biggest loser.. and too see those people run a FULL MARATHON in 4 and 5 hours is amazing! I think, "if they can do it,then I can".. but, of course they are training 8 hours a day! I dont even SLEEP 8 hours a NIGHT! anyways! see you at church tonight! :) Glad you are back!

Unknown said...

Hurrah!! You look great! Can't believe you were smiling as you finished!

Michelle P said...

So excited for your first (of many) 5K!! You did a great job...and motivated me to keep running :) I've already found the next one, so if you're game....July 3rd in Lebanon at the YMCA. Maybe this time there won't be so many HILLS!!