Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Keeping Busy!


We've had a lot going on so I have a lot to post about, making me regret not doing some of it sooner! Shame on me.


On May 1 Allie graduated Magna Cum Laude in Nursing from Indiana Wesleyan University! She worked really hard and it payed off: she's accepted a job offer in Pediatrics at Vanderbilt in Nashville, TN and will be moving in July (along with a friend)! I didn't know how prestigious this was until I heard the crowd ooh and ahh at graduation. I'm so proud :) Above is Allie and her friends after the nursing pinning ceremony, below is her and Orion after graduation.

We had a very full, busy weekend getting the girls moved home from school, so when we got home we relaxed in the beautiful weather...



Yeah, we're rednecks... haha.


Last weekend was the Mother Daughter Tea at church, which was nice. I had the most beautiful tea ever (top)- it was bright red! We ate tons of strawberries and fruit dip, cheesecake, and other treats. We got to take home a lot of the leftovers (there were SOOO many strawberries left, which I spent over an hour cutting the tops off of so we could freeze them)- I finally made a smoothie today- yum :)

Sunday (Mother's Day) was the baby dedication at church, and Orion was one of only 3 babies dedicated... there are usually a ton, so I was surprised! Dedication is... ok, I'm going to steal this from Amanda whose son Benjamin was also dedicated: "The dedication is to give the child back to God... and to let everyone know that we know that it is God who gave the child to us, and for that reason we will keep them in church, raise them like God would want us to, and pray for them, love them, and understand that God already has a purpose for them." Thanks Amanda ;)

Besides that... I ran THREE MILES on Monday!!! I did it! I reached my goal! I'm pretty astounded. I'm going to do it again today too. Yaaay! 5K, here I come!

Orion is doing well. Some nights of sleep are good, some are bad. Still not consistent. He's getting better at sitting up. Learning new noises. Getting chubbier :)

We leave for our vacation to Gulf Shores, Alabama on Sunday night! Yes!

In weight loss news...
Here are the stats:
Current weight: 123.2
Goal weight: 115
Weight lost this week: 0.8
Total weight lost: 16.8
Pounds left 'til goal: 8.2

5 comments:

Amanda said...

Wow woman! What a full post :) (and I feel so honored you stole my line) lol :)And, I am so proud of you! 3 miles?! aaaand your consistant! I have sooo fallen (I mean JUMPED) off the wagon.. I need to jump back on! I am maintaining.. but I need to still loooose... You are doing awesome! And yes, the tea was great.. those strawberries were so good too! Wonder where they got those from? Dorothy Lane or something?!.. Loved this post :) oh, and I wouldn't have even noticed you had a la-z-boy in the YARD until I read "ya, were rednecks".. lol.. and then I looked to see what you meant.. haha.. I must be a redneck too, cause I thought that was normal! :) See you Sunday!

Unknown said...

Love the photos and hearing about your progress. Way to go! Hurrah for you!

Melanie said...

HaHa...I didn't notice the recliner either until I read Amanda's comment. Hey, not a bad idea! Looks pretty relaxing to me :)

Unknown said...

I have to say Orion looks awfully smug and happy sitting with his papa in that recliner!

Katie said...

sounds like you've been busy! great job on the 3 miles. have a fun vacation :-)