Friday, June 25, 2010

7 Months and already asking for the keys


While Orion and I have been visiting my parents I think he's been just a little spoiled... what with the driving around Italian sports cars and such... although I don't know how he manages without being able to reach the peddles...


While he hasn't been showing off for the camera Orion has had kind of a lousy week. His ear infection last Sunday really knocked him out... he ran a fever (which got up to 103.7 at one point- scary!!) until today when I think (fingers crossed) it finally broke for good. But tonight he was SOOO grumpy... he seemed incredibly angry and I don't know why. Over-tired? Shouldn't be- he slept a ton today. Hurting somewhere? I wish he could tell me! We're both just tired and frustrated and so ready for him to feel better. If you think of him please pray that he feels better!

On the plus side, he has been sleeping without being swaddled all week (didn't say he slept well, but hey... I guess I don't mind sharing my bed too much... heh). He's sitting up great, rolling over easily, and I'm just waiting for him to figure out how to crawl. He usually devours baby food at least twice a day, but of course being sick has thrown him off a little. I'm just thankful that he devours his medicine!

Oh, and he was weighed at the hospital on Sunday: 15 lbs, 3 oz. So exactly a pound gained since his 6 month appointment :) He feels so heavy... can't imagine lugging him around in a few months.

I may add the customary "sitting on the couch" picture to this post later.


...well, he won't have to ask for the keys anymore... Grandma bought him his very own car. Red, just like Grandpa's.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the Fiat pictures! Bet Grandpa will be showing those off to everyone. Sorry to hear you had a sick little guy. Glad he's better. He's just so darn cute!!!!!

Amanda said...

those are some of the cutest pics of him I have ever seen..lol.. the steering wheel pic is hilarious!! You'd never know he didn't feel good :( Is he still not good?.. I didn't see you last night at church.. maybe you were there in the morning.. we didnt make it bc we didnt get in till laaaate Saturday... B slept in OUR bed all week TOO! lol.. must have just been a week for babes sleeping with their mommas :) He is just such a cutie!.. I bet your parents enjoyed having you there all week.. and it sound like you loved being there too :) see you soon! Miss you! :)

EllaJac said...

So cute!!! Bet he'll love that little car! My 10-mo-old finally gained a half lb.. she'd been holding at 22 lbs since she was 5 or so months!! Hard to believe she doubled her birthweight in 10 weeks.. but explains why my body had such a hard time recovering from birth... lugging such a fat girl around!

I love Orion's face in that last photo!

Unknown said...

Love those photos! Dad's got them posted on the Fiat Forum and on his website. The comments on the Forum were fantastic!

Unknown said...

http://dennisjones.tripod.com/x/x8.html

Amanda said...

Umm... I gonna need to see a new post soon :) lol.. You guys all ok?! B's had a fever for the last 3 days.... hopefully just teething... but...I dunno... hows Orion doing?