Tuesday, February 8, 2011

The Cuteness of O


OK, so I promised you pictures of Orion this week... sorry it took so long, but here they are! These are just some random pics of O being cute over this last month. This first one is actually from the Sanctity of Life Day we had with the youth... there were snacks... and Orion ate a lot of them.

Baby in a box! He was playing alone in his room and I was hearing some strange noises from that direction, and this is what I found. He got the box open and just sat himself in there. Silly.

I put the bag O's blocks go in on his head one day and he thought it was super funny. He kept pulling it off and then bringing it back to me to put it back on. Actually, last night he was doing the same thing but with one of my boots... he wanted me to put it on his foot, then he'd hobble around for a little bit, get it off, and bring it back. I tried to take a pic with my phone but it was too dark :( Sooo funny though!

Gasp! Cheerio disaster! I keep Cheerios in a puffs container, and if O gets ahold of it he likes to pull off the lid... and this is what happens. I felt like a good mom that day though, because instead of scolding him I took a picture :P Haha!


Orion has been crazy about books the last month. He brings them to me one by one from his room so we end up with a big stack in the living room. He likes anything that involves peek-a-boo flaps or animal sounds.

I love this... he likes to climb up on his little push car and watch the turtles. The first day he did it (this picture) he must have stood there for like 15 minutes.

Things he's up to:
-Words- he can say ball, kitty, wow, cheese, mama, dada, Boz (Pronounced "ba," same as ball, except more excited. A video he's obsessed with.)
-Sleep- doing great. He sleeps 11 or 12 hours straight every night. Love it!! His naps haven't been all that awesome, but he pretty much always sleeps 45 minutes+ twice a day.
-Eating- he's getting pickier :/ We feel like all he eats is cheese, pb&j, and fruit. Sometimes he surprises us, and we're always trying to get him to eat different things, but he's into turning his nose up at foods before he even tries them. What happened to my good eater??
-Teeth- he has all four molars. Canines are next... I hear those are killer :(
-Likes- still loves his kitty Charles and will even snuggle him when Charles sits still; balls- he got a huge ball recently and he loves to carry it and throw it around; climbing- he figured out how to get up on a chair upstairs by himself; tv... haha, yeah, I'm a bad mom... he doesn't watch it all day or anything but he does like it; books, as previously mentioned; chapstick. This is kind of an annoying like. He pulls the cap off and puts it on... his eyes. Wha??; making messes... his greatest skill

Orion needs a hair cut pretty soon... the back is getting wild. I'm planning on doing it myself but I'm anxious about it!! At least I know I can just turn on Boz and he won't move a muscle for 45 minutes...

Well I skipped my nap to write this, so I hope you liked it ;) Our big ultrasound is today at 3:45 and I'm SO excited- I can't wait! Will post pictures and hopefully the gender tonight!!!

6 comments:

Melanie said...

Cannot wait to hear your ultrasound results!!!!

OK...the first pic with the soft pretzel is making my mouth water. Soft pretzels are something I have craved with all of my pregnancies and this one is turning out to be the same. Very few things sound good to me right now, but soft pretzels are one of them...and Roast Beef sandwiches from Arby's...lol. I have made soft pretzels twice already this week!

My boys all started out to be great eaters and would eat any fruit, vegetable, meat, or anything else I would give them. But they have all gotten pickier too. I think that happens to most kids. They just start to discover all the other yummy things that are out there! Just keep offering healthy choices and he'll do fine!

Glad he is sleeping so well for you! You will really appreciate that this summer ;)

Sadie VK said...

Great pictures! He looks so big!!! Such a cutie. And I love that he puts chapstick on his eyes. Where on earth did he learn that?? Lol.

Unknown said...

Such cuteness!! So many changes. He is at such a fun age of discovery and newness. So cool! Great pics!

Angie said...

I enjoyed this update on your little man! He sounds like he and Liam have a lot in common in the mischief they like to get into! Liam is obsessed with chapstick too - unfortunately after he is done smearing it on his face he decides it will be more fun to dig it all out :/
I feel bad about tv too, but oh well! Liam LOVES pooh and elmo, and when he asks for to watch one first thing in the morning I'm pretty accomodating. As busy as these little guys can get I'm sure they won't be turning into couch potatoes anytime soon :P
Congratulations on another boy, that will be so fun!

becca said...

Cuteness indeed!

I love that he found a way to climb up and watch the turtles. How creative! Also, he looks adorable in that box. Ha!

Unknown said...

Definately worth skipping a nap to share! He's so cute! Congrats on your new boy too!