Wednesday, April 20, 2011

30 Weeks

How far along? 30 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: +18ish
Inches gained: +7
Maternity clothes? Oh yes
Sleep: Pretty good.
How I'm feeling: Just some aches and pains. Hips hurt when I walk a lot.
Best moment this week: Watching him try to escape.
Movement: Constant.
Food cravings: CHOCOLATE
Food aversions: Chicken tortilla soup, canned corn
Gender: BOY!
Labor Signs: None.
Belly Button in or out? Very out.
What I miss: Moving comfortably, easy dressing
What I am looking forward to: Meeting my littlest man
Milestones: 3/4ths of the way there! Only 10 weeks left!

I took my one hour glucose tolerance test a week and a half ago... and failed by ONE POINT. So they ordered the 3 hour test. Which meant drinking a sickly-sweet bottle of glucola after fasting all night/morning, sitting at the hospital for 3+ hours, and getting my blood drawn a total of 4 times. Except I only got mine drawn twice. Because I threw up in the middle of the test and had to quit. I was soooo frustrated. I assumed I would have to retake it, but the doctor hasn't called me about it and it's been almost a week, so we'll see I guess. Maybe they'll let me squeak by.

30 weeks! Belly is pointy this week :P

And just for kicks, here's a picture of me 30 weeks pregnant with Orion:
Bahahahaha! I am going to be huuuuge by the time Desmond shows up...

Here's a video of my crazy alien baby trying to escape my belly. I even figured out how to edit it so you wouldn't have to sit through a whole minute of nothing :P Enjoy this very strange video...

10 comments:

Amanda said...

Oh my goodness... As usual you are way stinkin cute :) I'm glad in your pics with this baby you have a head ;) oh, and I think I'm gonna have canned corn at the Monday bible study.. What ya think? :) Can't wait to see the "alien baby" video... Sounds fun!

Sadie VK said...

Your belly is kind of pointy! Haha. And I can't believe how much bigger you are this time than with O. You were so huge with O! Lol. I can say that because I was huge too. You're making me nervous to get pregnant again . . .

Wish I could watch the video. My dumb dial up Internet won't let me. Only 10 weeks to go! I can't believe it!

Unknown said...

The video was pretty funny. Alien baby indeed! I remember what that felt like. It's v cool.

Lizzy said...

Oh my word, that video is crazy!!!
By the way, I have no idea what a glucose tolerance test is...please explain. :) Thanks.

Rachel said...

I think Desmond must have been sticking his butt out for that picture or something... I don't think my belly normally looks that pointy :P

Glucose tolerance test= a blood test to see how your body handles sugar to make sure you don't have gestational diabetes. You drink this super sugary drink after fasting (I just go first thing in the morning) and then get your blood drawn an hour later. Not the worst thing ever, but sometimes it makes people dizzy or nauseous.

Amanda said...

Oh. My. Goodness!!!! My womb hurts!! Lol. I wanna crazy alien baby in me too!! ;) that is some major movement goin on there Desmond! He was rolling all over the place! Eeek!! Nothing like that feeling. Nothing. Love it!!

Amy V said...

30 weeeks! YAY!! :) That felt like the homestretch. :D Watching your belly move was so sweet - thanks for sharing!! :) I looked at your last couple posts too and saw the u/s - Desmond looks so sweet I'm excited to meet him!

becca said...

You look adorable.

I can't believe that video. He's either break dancing or planning to break free. Wow.

Sorry to hear about the test. That does not sound fun at all, but Yay for being only 10 weeks away!

Anonymous said...

What an awesome video! I must have missed this post somehow because I didn't see this until now. I can't wait til my baby moves that much! Nick felt him move for the first time on Saturday. It's still pretty subtle and I have to really concentrate to notice it, but it's there! You're so cute!

Melanie said...

Sorry, that last comment was from me. Forgot to leave my name...lol