Tuesday, April 12, 2011

29 Weeks & Ultrasound

How far along? 29 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: +16
Inches gained: +6
Maternity clothes? Yes
Sleep: Pretty good.
How I'm feeling: Just some aches and pains. He's getting heavier.
Best moment this week: Seeing Desmond on ultrasound today <3
Movement: So much
Food cravings: CHOCOLATE
Food aversions: Chicken tortilla soup, canned corn
Gender: BOY!
Labor Signs: None.
Belly Button in or out? Very out.
What I miss: Moving comfortably (especially shifting/turning in bed).
What I am looking forward to: Meeting my littlest man
Milestones: 2 doctor's appointments a month (instead of 1) now. Going in on Thursday.

We had our last ultrasound today! I had a borderline low-lying placenta so they had to check on it, and it has moved up nice and high! Hurray! I actually wasn't worried about it ;) They were only going to check the placenta and not look at the baby so I was suuuper bummed when I found that out (I almost started crying), but the tech was so nice and gave us a quick peek at the little guy anyway.

He's head down and facing my back, so he just has to stay put and he'll be in a perfect position for birth :) We could even see a little hair on his head! Maybe he'll be born with more hair than O? She also checked and we could very clearly see that he is definitely a boy! Good to know ;)

We got a beautiful picture of his sweet face, below (tilt your head to the right- he's sideways). I think he was smiling :)

7 comments:

Sadie VK said...

Your title says "39 Weeks." I panicked for a minute that you were really that close already!

And you're right, he totally looks like he's smiling! Adorable!

Rachel said...

Hahaha I was actually just thinking I might have messed that up. I'll fix it :)

Unknown said...

So sweet and so exciting. Sure looks like a smile to us!

becca said...

He really does seem to be smiling!

I'm glad you got good news at the ultrasound today, and I hope you have no shortage of chocolate.

Amanda said...

That IS crazy how well you can see his face!! Wow! And can I just tell you... After...YEARS... I JUST figured out (at least I think) that "less than" 3... <3.. Is a heart? Is that right? If so.. I'm a dork. Either way, if it IS or if it ISN'T, I'm a dork that I did/did not know that. Haha. Lookin good!! Not much longer!!! Eeeek!! So excited :) (I DO know THAT is a smiley face) haha {;•) I totally just made that goofy face with my keypad. Lol. Ok. Im done now.

Rachel said...

Wow Amanda. Good job. You totally cracked the code. ;) ...that's a winking face, by the way.

Unknown said...

You are really getting close to the end of this! I'm so glad your placenta moved up :) Yay for a little more hair on this guy!