Tuesday, April 26, 2011

31 Weeks

How far along? 31 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: +18
Inches gained: +7
Maternity clothes? Oh yes
Sleep: Pretty good.
How I'm feeling: Good!
Best moment this week: The conclusion of the blood sugar saga
Movement: Very yes
Food cravings: CHOCOLATE
Food aversions: Chicken tortilla soup, canned corn
Gender: BOY!
Labor Signs: None.
Belly Button in or out? Very out.
What I miss: Moving comfortably, easy dressing
What I am looking forward to: Meeting my littlest man
Milestones: Desmond's lungs are almost ready for the big world outside!

Yes, I finally got the whole blood sugar thing sorted out today. They just did a finger prick test an hour after I ate lunch and were happy with the number (101 if that means anything to you), so I guess I'm in the clear! What a relief.

NOT such a relief, my belly measured small for some reason today (which has never happened before), so they ordered another ultrasound to make sure everything's ok. Which means my nerves are not ok. Hopefully Des was just laying funny or something... they're supposed to call me to schedule an appointment. I would like to get it done this week, but we'll see.

See, not so pointy this week ;)

6 comments:

Amanda said...

I'm no doctor... but I think you look pointy ;)(in a good, cute way of course) I'm sure he's fine, and just moved into a more comfortable position... I mean, just show the doc the belly video and he should understand :) I'll be praying for you and baby Des! Remember..don't jump to any "what if's".. That chapter just can't seem to come fast enough for everyone!

Melanie said...

Glad you're blood sugar is good. That will be one less thing to worry about. You look wonderful! I am sure everything is great with Des. Hope you get your U/S soon. I went to the dr. today and they ordered my U/S too. So, I am waiting on a call to schedule too. Yay! See you tonight :)

Melanie said...

* YOUR blood sugar

Haha...we just had the apostrophe/contraction discussion the other night! I could not leave that one uncorrected!...lol

Amanda said...

Haha on the apostrophe! I totally noticed it!! Lol. ;)

Rachel said...

Thank you for the encouragement and correct grammar ;) Let me know when your ultrasound is, Melanie!!

My ultrasound will be Tuesday at 3:00.

Unknown said...

I'm sure everything is just fine with Des. I'm also glad to hear of the satisfactory blood test. Good news.