Tuesday, May 10, 2011

33 Weeks

How far along? 33 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: +21
Inches gained: +8
Maternity clothes? Oh yes
Sleep: Good-ish. Waking up pretty often and if I accidentally sleep on my back I wake up very sore.
How I'm feeling: Good! A tad uncomfortable of course.
Best moment this week: Surprise baby shower from my Bible study girls!!
Movement: I honestly think he flips a couple times a day. And kicks me awful hard.
Food cravings: Chocolate
Food aversions: Chicken tortilla soup, canned corn
Gender: BOY!
Labor Signs: None. A few Braxton Hicks contractions.
Belly Button in or out? Very out.
What I miss: Moving comfortably, easy dressing
What I am looking forward to: Meeting my littlest man, Gulf Shores vacation in less than a week!
Milestones: I'm having a baby NEXT MONTH. Hopefully ;)


On Monday night I was at Amanda's for a Bible study with a small group of women. When I got there we chatted and got snacks in the kitchen as usual, then decided to head downstairs. Amanda said, "Rach, go ahead and hit the lights at the top of the stairs." When I did I saw a big sign with streamers that said "Congrats Rachel and Baby Desmond!" I just stood there staring for a minute... I was SO surprised!! The ladies threw me a surprise baby shower! We had delicious cake made by Melanie, and Desmond got some super cute new clothes (newborn clothes are sooo tiny and cute!!) and diapers (plus a candle and bath gel for me :D). It was such a sweet surprise. Thank you again!! I may post more pictures later.

2 comments:

becca said...

What a sweet surprise! And that cake is impressive!

EllaJac said...

how wonderful! and I agree; great cake!