Wednesday, August 31, 2011

2 months old!

Desmond turned two months old yesterday! He is changing so much every day. He's getting cuter and cuter!!

He had a checkup the other day...
Here are his stats:
Height: 22.25", 25th percentile
Weight: 10 lbs 1.4 oz, 25th percentile
BMI: 14.33
Head: 14.96", 25th percentile

Look, this child's head fits his body! Haha :) He's staying on a consistent growth curve so far which is fabulous... hopefully he'll keep it up!!


I have been trying to pay closer attention to his cues that he's tired and putting him down in bed (aka carseat) instead of fighting with him/rocking him to sleep. I usually have to give him his paci back a few times but it's better than bouncing him for half an hour! He's already on a pretty good daytime schedule of eating, playing, sleeping (BabyWise!) all by himself. I don't know if Orion didn't have such a schedule or if I just didn't realize it. Poor first child...


Desmond is learning to play! Usually after he wakes up and eats I lay him down and we talk and smile at each other for a while, then I let him play under his playgym. A couple days ago he figured out how to bat at the toys! He's growing so fast. Check out this cuteness... and my lovely talking-to-the-baby voice ;)




3 comments:

Unknown said...

What an active boy! So cute too! Des certainly has a lot of interesting baby sounds. He actually "coos"!
Thanks for posting. Grandma says she wants a cute picture of Des so she can frame him like she has "O".

Rachel said...

I have been meaning to send her one... I will have to do that soon.

becca said...

Cuteness!