Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Desy - 5 months


Desmond is five months old as of yesterday. He's still pretty much the same ol' Des. Still pretty laid-back and smiley. He especially likes to smile at new people.

I took him along to Orion's doctor's appointment to get him weighed. He's still a skinny little thing just like his brother (except he doesn't LOOK as skinny). 12 lbs 7 oz, which is the 2nd percentile. Sigh. The good news is that he finally started taking formula over the weekend so we can actually supplement like we're supposed to! Hopefully his weight gain picks up soon.


We've fed Desmond rice cereal a couple times. He's not super interested but he'll eat it ok. No real rush to start giving him consistent solid meals. The picture below is from after his first "solid" meal.


Oh, and he's already tried frozen yogurt... haha! Apparently he liked it because he grabbed the whole cone... by the frozen yogurt part! I tried giving him a bit of applesauce the other day but he just gave me a disgusted face and spat it out.

Desy just isn't into sleeping long stretches at night any more :( I'm happy if he sleeps more than 3 hours at a time. People keep telling me that giving him that extra formula should help him sleep longer, but so far that's not the case. Hm. This too shall pass ;)

He's still on the same schedule of wake up, eat, up for an hour, nap for an hour. Yesterday I tried to get him to skip the first nap to attempt to get him to just take two longish naps a day... but that just screwed up his schedule and made for a grumpy day. Sooo... I guess he's not ready to consolidate naps?

He can finally roll over from his belly to his back! His buddy Easton, who is 3 1/2 months younger than Des, started rolling over before him, so I think that gave Desmond the motivation he needed to get rollin ;) He still doesn't do it all the time, but at least I know he can. He can also shake a rattle. And he likes to grab my face or hair or his daddy's beard.


Pretty much he's just the sweetest little guy ever and I'm very blessed to have him!! He really is an easy baby. I can't believe he's going to be six months old soon!! I love you, Desy Do!

4 comments:

Amanda said...

Oh my goodness. I love me some desy! He's such a doll! Always so happy! However, I'm sure that's not as cute in the middle of the night. Lol. That was jake. 100%.. And now he's my best sleeper by far! And I love how you say, "this will pass.".. Haha. That was what gets me thru so much stuff. Lol. Especially sleep related things! Give him a big hug for me :)

Amanda said...

"that's was what gets me thru...?" wow. Not good grammar for an English majors blog.... who uses semicolons! ;) correctly! Lol

Unknown said...

Such a happy guy! Love the pics!

Wendy Min said...

I love reading was Des is up to! Helps me know what Eva will be doing next! Can't wait for these little babies to meet!