Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Maybe my quirkiness is endearing...


If we're going to be friends I think it's only fair that I let you know how weird I am. If you're weird too I think we have a long and happy relationship ahead of us. If you're normal... you have my permission to step away quietly ;) Here are a few of my... um... adorable eccentricities.

I'm not typically a neat freak. I don't like my house to be dirty, but I'm not the neatest person ever. We typically have piles here and there, and our desk is always heaped with random things without homes.

So... if someone wants to help out with housework or chores, I'm thrilled to accept! Often someone other than me folds our laundry which I am VERY thankful for!! But there's one thing that I cannot abide...

...and that is improperly folded socks. If almost anyone other than me folds my socks, I unfold them and refold them before putting them away (my sock drawer is probably the neatest part of our house). I don't know what it is, but I CAN'T put them away folded wrong. Yep. That's a really weird thing to be picky about.
My favorite word is "lunch." It may or may not have something to do with the meaning of the word. I just really like the sound of it.

If you've been reading my blog for a long time you know that I am very motivated by sticker charts. I used one when I was training for my first 5K. Nathan recently made me a new chart... for Spider Slaying.

I am terrified of spiders. Always have been, although I think it's gotten worse over the last few years. A couple months ago when it started getting cold, LOTS of spiders started coming into our house. One day a really big one ran across the middle of our living room when O and I were sitting on the floor and I flipped. I managed to kill it, but not before I started saying "ohmygoshohmygoshohmygosh," and then following the slaying I yelped and danced around the room from the heebie-jeebies... I actually kind of felt like I was crazy at that moment... which is really pretty sad. Although Orion thought it was funny and started laughing at me.

That day Nathan decided the phobia had to stop and he made me a sticker chart with food rewards... that's double motivation! I've done really well, as you can see! Many of those were tiny spiders, but he said any spider counts.

Also, I killed a spider with a lightsaber.











One of my favorite food combinations is cottage cheese and potato chips. Just dip the chips in the cottage cheese and mmmm. If you're in my biological family you already know that this is one of the yummiest things ever. If not... you're missing out.

If I eat something very sweet for dessert, I almost always eat carrots afterwards as a pallet cleanser. Both my mom and my mother in law do this too, so maybe it's not THAT weird.

I love plain, unsweetened iced tea. I don't like sweet tea. I don't like hot tea (even if it's the same kind). Only plain iced tea.


I have a Bachelor's degree in English Writing. And I don't like to write any more. Blogging is as much as I care to do. Certainly not creative stuff. I don't even care if people speak or write correctly any more as long as I can understand them, and I'm not even strict about being correct myself. The one thing that bothers me is misused apostrophes.











I love cartoons. This may not seem weird to some people, but I know a lot of adults don't watch cartoons, at least not without their kids. Well I do. Often. Pictured above are three favorites: How to Train Your Dragon, Avatar: The Last Airbender (TV series), and Wall-E.

I eat my salad without dressing. I don't like any type of dressing. But I do like salad.

_________________________

Alright, I think that's enough. I only started with 2 things but that doesn't constitute a whole blog post, so I padded it for you. I hope we can still be friends.

Your turn! Post in the comments something that makes you... special.

5 comments:

Amanda said...

I loooooved this stinkin post! And, I, must, say, (haha) that cottage cheese on chips sounds awesome! I loooove cottage cheese, with like.. A pound of pepper on it! I'm gonna have to try that one!
Hmmm....what am I weird at.. Let's see... ;) I too love charts as you know...If I do something that's not on my "to do" list, I'll write it on there JUST to cross it off! I love lists. I love "order"... Organizing.... and getting rid of stuff! I like cool pens. I like to drink homemade pickle juice and vinegar. I can wiggle my ears. And lastly, I have a weird friend, named Rachel..who I don't thinks so weird. :) oh! And btw... Killed a spider with a light saber?! Hahaha. Too funny. Lol

Unknown said...

Good list, but it doesn't seem that weird to me! I have many "issues" myself so you seem practically "normal"!!

Apostrophes are HARD! I need apostrophe lessons.

Anonymous said...

haha rachel, that post was awesome!!
i'm positive i'm not normal either. almost everything about me is weird:P shark obsession, not born in america, green beans, everything in my room must be organized elsewhere idc,.. need i go on? i'm pretty sure you've figured most of them out:P
haha, love ya rachel:)

Anonymous said...

oh and fact: i looked up apostrophes just to make sure i knew what you were talking about:p

Jael Paris said...

<3