Tuesday, August 13, 2013

My Flock (two little boys and five chickens)



I brought my camera outside to take some better pictures of the chickens, but I just had to take some of these cute little boys too. Nathan and I were talking yesterday about how glad we are to have more than one child so they can play together. It has been so fun watching them play lately! They're so funny. They also drive each other crazy, of course, but the fun times make up for it.





The hens! I think they're pretty. Orion thinks they're "cute." The one above has a huge comb and wattle compared to the others... I guess she's just a different breed. Definitely a girl since Nathan caught her sitting on an egg!



Number 1 chicken wrangler! Orion is a huge help rounding up the chickens! He loves holding them.


I think it's funny when they perch on the boys' playhouse.


They may not like being petted, but they tolerate it very well. Some of them even squat down on the ground when the boys pet them.


All is well! I'm very excited they've started laying eggs- it's a lot of fun to go out to the coop and be surprised at the number of eggs each time. Three yesterday and the day before! It's fun to eat "home grown" food :)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Love this post. Orion has a future in chicken wrangling! The boys are so cute! We are looking forward to our visit with you all. Desy needs a hair cut! ;-)

Rachel said...

I know! :P

Wendy Min said...

Three a day! That seems pretty good!