Sunday, February 22, 2015

Is that a challenge?!

1


I've never given up anything for Lent before, but I'm giving it a try this year. I've given up facebook in an attempt to focus more on God and my family. 

I find that I tend to click into Facebook every time I feel a lull in my day and fill up every moment with staring at my phone. And that's just not good. I feel distracted in general, but especially from my children. I want to be more present for them. I also want to be more present for God and give Him more than a few moments of my day... that's just unacceptable. 

I've done fine with staying away from Facebook (I deleted the app), but I still find myself on my phone too much, so if I can't get that under control I may delete some more apps for a while.

I have started a Bible study from She Reads Truth (via their app) called Open Your Bible. I really like it so far and am enjoying adding a guided Bible study to my day. They have both paid and free studies... if I burn through the free ones I think the rest would be worth paying for.


I've been thinking about making a change to my eating habits for a while now. I've felt kind of out of control and I know I'm addicted to sugar. Robin was telling me she felt the same way earlier, so I showed her this method I've been researching: Whole 30. It's very similar to the Caveman Diet or Paleo. She thought it was a great idea and wants to start tomorrow! I've never done something like this, but it's only for thirty days... I can do it! Wish us luck!!

No comments: